Online electrician – Your new online electrician

Hi, and welcome to my online electrical blog. My name is Gary and I am an electrician, or competent person if you like! in the UK. I have created this electricians blog ( with the help from our biggest friend Google ) in the hope that I can help and advise anyone with electrical problems or worries you may have.

I would like to fill you in on why I am writing this electrical blog and my intension. I am a qualified 17th edition electrician and electrical work is what I do for my full time job.
I have seen and heard so many electrical horror stories I feel that I would like to educate and inform people of the dangers of bad electrics in the home.
The picture you see is an isolator switch for an electric shower. Not only is the switch hanging off and the cables exposed with no earth sleeve, But the cable was massively underrated.If you would like to comment on my electrical blog please do so. If you would like to ask me anything about the electrics in your home, are worried about your electrics or anything else you would like to ask an electrician but are too worried to ask, please feel free to ask me! I will give an honest answer without it costing you anything.